Managing your stress level is very important to your overall well-being. The breath is the bridge between body and mind. Inhalation and expiration are the vehicles by which prana – the life force moves through the body.
Sage Patanjali the coder of the science of yoga, explaining that we can coordinate and calm the mind by practicing the science of breathing. The awareness of the breath allows us to create an undisturbed and joyful mind, when the breath begins to flow freely through the two nostrils, the mind literally reaches a state of joy and calm.
When our mind is strengthened, it is much easier to turn our attention inward, the breath and the mind are interdependent.
HOW TO MANAGE STRESS WITH PRANA?
- Sit in a comfortable position or even lie down
- Bring your consciousness slowly to your breath, remember to breathe naturally, when the mind begins to follow the flow of the breath, we become aware of a deeper reality inside.
- Diaphragmatic breathing allows your lungs to expand completely with inspiration and to empty more fully upon expiration.
- When you breathe in, think about the person / incident that upset or stressed you, as you breathe out, let it go with the breath, do it very carefully, repeat it for at least 4 minutes.
- Bring your attention back to your natural breathing, take a moment to reflect and resume your work.
Just by being aware of your breathing, you can restore the well-being of your life, the stress and tension of everyday life have distorted your natural breathing rhythms, you must consciously restore this normal process.